Follow Us

Keep up-to-date on the latest Green Club events and activities by following us on facebook and twitter

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/2200012012/

@TUGreenClub


TUgreenclub@gmail

Friday, April 12, 2013

Bike Easy volunteering at Freret St. Fest



 Last Saturday we volunteered with Bike Easy to help them run their free bike valet program at Freret St. Festival. Simone, one of the Green Clubbers who came out, wrote a blog post about the volunteering.


I volunteered today for bike easy bike valet at the Freret St. Festival. This was my first time volunteering for the organization although it was not my first encounter with them. During the Blues & BBQ festival fall 2012 I parked my bike with them because I worked the festival with La Divina. It was a great service for me because I didn't have to worry about my bicycle being taken in the crowded festival. Volunteering was an equally good experience because I felt the appreciation and support from members of the community who prefer to bike but are worried about the high rate of bike theft in New Orleans. The staff were friendly and helpful and volunteering was not stressful at all. Additionally, a band was positioned near our tent so I got to listen to great music and take a break to grab some awesome fish tacos! I would definitely volunteer with this organization again.

Simone Ballard
Tulane Green Club member





No comments:

Post a Comment